Five reasons why SHA is your ultimate wellness destination
With more than 65 international awards, including several for Best Medical Spa in the World, SHA Wellness Clinic has positioned itself as a global leader in medical wellbeing in just over 10 years. What makes it so unique? We give you five reasons why you simply have to experience it for yourself:
1. Its holistic approach. SHA is a pioneer with its signature comprehensive and coordinated blend of the most effective holistic therapies with the latest advances in western medicine. All of this goes hand in hand with guidance from the most prestigious international experts. SHA has more than 300 professionals from 40 countries, including 30 doctors. From osteopathy, reflexology, acupuncture, colon hydrotherapy and ozone therapy to the latest in anti-ageing, genetics, regenerative and non-invasive aesthetic medicine, it has everything you need to help you enjoy your full potential at every stage of life.
2. Its nutritional programme is unbeatable. Forget about fasting, counting calories or eating tasteless food. SHA’s approach to nutrition is focused on being highly effective and balanced while still being appetising. Inspired by centuries-old principles and adapted to modern tastes, it fuses elements that have been proven to lead to greater life expectancy from Mediterranean and Asian diets, prioritising seasonal and local food (much of it from SHA’s own garden). At the same time, it takes into account nutritional guidelines from Harvard Medical School and is personalised to the needs of each guest. Clients who come aiming to reach their ideal weight at SHA have an average weight loss of between 3 per cent and 6 per cent per week.
3. The focus is on body, mind and spirit. SHA doesn’t concentrate exclusively on physical improvements. Instead, it puts all its tools at its clients’ disposal for them to achieve inner balance, learn to control stress and anxiety, and even rid themselves of addictions such as tobacco (using techniques such as mindfulness, meditation, coaching and psychotherapy). A pioneering cognitive stimulation unit is used to achieve and maintain optimal brain activity. SHA is the first Wellness Clinic in Europe to incorporate this technology, which was developed by Harvard Medical School and Nasa to enable us to stimulate our brain activity. (It is one of the preferred treatments for top executives who visit SHA, whether on an individual basis or as part of a Corporate Wellness Initative.)
4. You will maintain the results you achieve at the clinic. Its Healthy Living Academy will give you the knowledge and tools to manage your own health and maintain the ideal state reached at SHA. Healthy cooking classes, talks on healthy habits, stress and anxiety management sessions, documentaries in its modern movie theatre, and a varied selection of physical activities (like hiking, cross-country walks, aqua-fitness, yoga and Pilates) are part of its daily programme available to all guests.
5. Health is no longer at odds with pleasure. The impeccable service, the beautiful setting (located in a natural park with hypnotic views of the bay of Altea in Valencia), a microclimate with 330 days of sunshine a year, and sophisticated contemporary facilities (where natural materials prevail and guests are surrounded by gardens, waterfalls and infinity pools) will make you forget that you are in a Wellness Clinic. Yet it will undoubtedly transform your life for the better.
SHA has health programmes that are focused on different needs, such as weight loss, detox, sleep disorders, healthy ageing, stress management, fitness, quitting smoking or general wellbeing, which can last seven, 14 or 21 days. All programmes include consultations and medical examinations, a personalised diet, a complete selection of treatments focused on reaching your goals, and activities at the Healthy Living Academy.
There is also a range of accommodation options, with five different styles of suite, all with large terraces and views of the sea or mountains. We also offer residences made up of three bedrooms that allow you to enjoy our Wellness programmes from your own private residence if you like. For those who are looking for a transformation to a healthier family life, the residences allow minors to enjoy a programme of activities focused on introducing the youngest members of the family to the importance of self-care.